Welcome to South Fayette
A trendy suburb of Pittsburgh that offers privacy and quiet.
South Fayette is just 17 miles from Downtown Pittsburgh and is a community of around 14,500. This suburb is bordered by Upper St. Clair, Bridgeville, and Cecil Township. New life has been breathed in South Fayette with the construction of Newbury, a planned mixed-use community of high-end homes and shops.
South Fayette is a fast-growing community that was officially established in 1842 and recently celebrated its 175th anniversary. The town was named in honor of General Lafayette, a celebrated general who served in the Civil War.
There are a variety of housing options in South Fayette, ranging from new, modern construction in Newbury to traditional Tudor homes and affordable condos. The median listing price of homes in this suburb is $303,800, with a median sold home price of $215,000.
What to Love
- The Newbury Market will be the main attraction of the Newbury planned community and feature a variety of places to dine, shop, and play
- Over the Bar Bicycle Cafe is a trendy bar and restaurant with unique bicycle-themed meals and a full bar menu
- The Crafty Jackalope is a popular gathering spot for happy hour, casual dining, or to watch live music or sing karaoke
People & Lifestyle
With the Newbury planned community and market under construction, South Fayette has become a trendy suburb of Pittsburgh that attracts affluent families. The blend of new and old construction is appealing to those who like diversity in a safe and quiet neighborhood.
South Fayette is a growing community with a highly-ranked school district and close proximity to the Pittsburgh International Airport. It has been nominated as the best Pittsburgh suburb to raise a family and continues to attract even more young professionals as new construction ramps up.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
South Fayette has a trendy feel that attracts those who want a slice of city life in the suburbs. The Newbury development with its associated Newbury Market is a popular gathering place that will feature Top Golf, as well as cafés, boutiques, and chain restaurants.
The Crafty Jackalope is a local favorite for microbrews, traditional sports bar-type food, and plenty of entertainment options. A five-building restaurant complex known as The Piazza
is under construction and will add a welcome variety of new dining establishments to this up-and-coming suburb.
Above the Bar Bicycle Café is popular with younger residents of South Fayette with fun menu options like the Gnarly Nachos, Chicken Fenders, and Dirt Rag Delight burger.
Things to Do
Once the Newbury Market is fully built, residents can relax and enjoy a number of dining, shopping, and entertainment options, including Top Golf. For those who want a more traditional golfing experience, the Hickory Heights Golf Club
offers a country club-type feel for those who want to become members.
Those who love the outdoors will gravitate toward Fairview Park
. With its two baseball fields, dog park, fire pit, playgrounds, and miles of walking trails, this park is a favorite of families who live in the area.
South Fayette is home to several excellent schools. Top educational opportunities include:
- South Fayette Township Elementary School, for kids in grades K-2, has an overall A+ rating on Niche.com
- South Fayette Intermediate School serves kids in grades 3-5 and ranks #24 in Best Public Elementary Schools in the Pittsburgh area
- South Fayette Township High School teaches kids in grades 9-12 and ranks #6 in Best Public High Schools in the Pittsburgh area